Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Cowardly Republicans" in Georgia

This posting by Neal Boortz is right on. Our Georgia Republican representatives are afraid of their special interest groups--the Christian Coalition. We have an out of date law on the books; it's time to give me (a voter, citizen, etc.) a chance to vote on the issue. Do I have enough wine around the house? Sure (i.e. I don't need to go buy anything on Sunday). Do I want the CHOICE to be able to purchase it (when we do our grocery/warehouse club shopping--typically on Sunday)? YES. Heck, at this stage, I'd like a shot at being able to VOTE to buy on Sunday. Right now, the elected officials are too chicken$hit to let the law pass, and put it on the ballot for us (Georgia residents) to vote yay or nay. Shame on you, elected officials! What next? Will you run away from Unions? Oh wait--those goons protect the Democrats (just ask Wisconsin and Ohio--and look how great those state balance sheets are looking, but I digress). LET ME VOTE on this issue!

No comments: