Thursday, August 14, 2008

THINK PINK/THINK CHEAP!

I recently made my way into that lovely yuppie 'grocery' known as Trader Joe's after hearing from a friend that a favorite sparkling wine was on sale. Lo and behold I was pleased to purchase 6 bottles of Segura Viudas Brut Rosé CAVA for only $3.99 a bottle! This wine is actually well rated by the wine gurus and is a STEAL for that price. I was told it's a one-shot buy so you better get there quickly! I might go back for 6 more : ) Cheers, Bo

For more info click HERE (Note: the rosé is not currently listed; that's probably the reason for the 'deal' at Trader Joes) There was also an inexpensive Paso Robles red for $4.99 (Tres Pinos) that was a bit of a fruit bomb but was a good buy. It was okay with meatloaf, but wonderful with chocolate chip cookies : )

1 comment:

Bo Wagner said...

By the way, we had a little left in that Tres Pinos (2 small glasses)--when we drank it last night, it was much more balanced than day 1. So who knows, maybe I like this one a bit more. Might have to pick up another bottle to be sure : )