Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Day After...

This was a posting about the day AFTER our wedding anniversary dinner at Aria restaurant. I basically emailed them noting a price I had in mind and that I wanted wine and food paired. THAT'S IT. I had NO CLUE what we were to have that evening, and I couldn't be more pleased! Here's the article from my newsletter that was originally supposed to come out 9/24 (but was going to be updated to come out 9/28). Hope you like it!

This month's email subject line said "The Day After"--I'm sure at some point you thought to yourself, "The Day After WHAT?". Well, whether you cared about that line or not, Wednesday marked our third wedding anniversary (if you're curious, the traditional anniversary gift is leather and no I didn't buy her a whip--I'm contentedly whipped enough already : ) I took her to a favorite restaurant of ours, Aria, in Buckhead. I'll let you in on a secret--if you call in advance, you may be able to book the wine cellar for up to 4 people. Tiny steps lead you into the basement with no more than 1 token light hanging over your table, and you're surrounded by wine and candles. I didn't need to bring a corkscrew as a week earlier I had contacted Andres Loaiza (manager and wine guru) and asked if he and chef Gerry Klaskala would be able to put together a tasting menu with food and wine pairings. Basically, I knew where we were going but had no clue what we would be enjoying for dinner. I must tell you that this is such a fun experience but you must be open minded! I will note-their menu has a $39 3-course prix-fixe nightly that has some enticing choices; I'm sure they would pair wines if asked! As for our meal, we had 8 courses of incredible foods and the wines they chose were perfect to go along with our meal! You really need to step out of your box and try something new--it's so much fun!

No comments: